• 1 stick Land O Lakes butter, salted
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 6 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 20 drops peppermint essential oil or 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
• 8 cups cubed sweet Hawaiian bread
• 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
• 6 tablespoons heavy cream
• 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
DirectionsPrep time: 10 min | Cook time: 40 min | Total time: 50 min
Makes 12 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, cream, eggs, sugar, cocoa and peppermint until well combined. Place bread cubes into prepared baking dish then pour chocolate mixture over top. With spoon, press bread to soak up the liquid. Bake for 40 minutes, until set in the middle. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
3. While the bread pudding is cooling, prepare the icing by whisking the powdered sugar and cream until creamy and drizzly consistency. Add more cream if needed to thin out. Drizzle over warm bread pudding and top with chocolate chunks if desired. Serve warm.