1 ½ tablespoons chopped pecans
1 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
¼ cup of flour
¼ salt (pinch)
2 tablespoon butter (melted)
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup (1stick) butter, softened
2 tablespoon molasses
2 large egg, lightly beaten
1 canned pumpkin (16 oz.)
2½ cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE FILLINGS
¼ cup thick strawberry jam or flavor of your choice (tsp per muffin)
FOR THE GLAZE
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
1-2 teaspoons water
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
DirectionsMaking the Crumb Topping
1. In a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, flour and salt. Using fingertips or 2 knives, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
Baking the Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 12-cup muffin pan. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and molasses. Add beaten egg and pumpkins; mix lightly.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder flour and salt; add to batter in small batches, mixing well after each addition, until moistened. Fill muffin cups about one-quarter full with batter. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into center of each cup.
3. Top jam with remaining batter, filling each muffin cup just over halfway. Spoon crumb topping onto 6 of the muffins. Leave 6 muffins plain.
4. Bake muffins until tops are firm and lightly browned, 22-23 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool.