• 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 stick butter
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup crushed pineapples
• ½ cup shredded coconut, plus an additional cup for decoration
• 6 chopped cherries
• Green food coloring
• Chocolate eggs/m&m’s
• Cookie icing: 1 cup powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons water (mix until texture is that of school glue)
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
3. Fold in pineapples, coconut and cherries.
4. Scoop dough onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until golden and let cool.
6. Using 1- 2 drops of green gel food coloring and 1 tablespoon of water – or you may use traditional food coloring – color 1 cup of coconut and set aside. This can be done overnight to ensure the color absorbs into the coconut.
7. Once cookies have cooled, spoon enough icing to allow coconut to adhere, leaving a little space in the middle to place the egg.