2 Whole Pie Pumpkins
Olive Oil, for brushing
1 Qt. Chicken Stock
1/2 C. Heavy Cream
1/3 C. Maple Syrup
Creme Fraiche, for serving
Pepetas (Green Pumpkin Seeds) for Garnish
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Cut the pumpkins in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut them into quarters and place them on a baking sheet.
2. Brush the inside of the pumpkins with olive oil and season them with salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Roast them until shriveled and soft, about 30-45 minutes.
3. Allow them to cool slightly and then scoop the flesh of the pumpkin into a bowl.
4. In a pot, heat up the pumpkin flesh with the stock and maple syrup until simmering.
5. Mash the big chunks to help the flavors blend together, and then, using an immersion blender or a standing blender, puree until velvety and smooth.
6. Add cream and nutmeg, and then blend again to help the flavors come together.
7. For service, top with a small spoonful of creme fraiche and roasted pumpkin seeds and serve warm.