o ½ Cup of butter
o ¼ Cup of oil
o 3 eggs (slightly beaten)
o 2 cups Granulated Sugar
o 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
o 1 ½ cups flour
o 1 Tablespoon baking Powder
o Pinch of salt
o 1 cup milk
• Green Cupcake Liners
• Medium Consistency American Butter Cream (separated into colors of your choice) - Be sure to have some green to cover the Styrofoam ball
• Green Tissue paper cut into 4x4” squares
• 5” Round Styrofoam ball
• Vase or board for cupcakes
Directions• Step 1 – Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and place liners into cupcake pan
• Step 2 –In a mixing bowl combine sugar, butter and vanilla. Add egg– In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt - fold in with batter. Add milk ..For a fun touch separate the batter into various bowls and color to match the icing using the food colors of choice.
• Step 3 – Fill liners ½ to 2/3 and bake. (15 – 17 minutes)
• Step 4 – Once baked and cooled – place cupcakes in the Freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
• Step 5 – Hot glue foam ball to the inside of the vase – be sure to add necessary weight inside vase so that it doesn’t tilt over. If using a board simply cut ball in half and glue directly to board
• Step 6 – Cover ball with green Royal icing
• Step 7 – Stick toothpicks in ball – these will hold the cupcakes in place
• Step 8 – Place frozen cupcakes on foam ball
• Step 9 – Decorate using various color tips and methods. *For the Rose look use a wilton Star tip – begin in the center holding bag upright – move wrist in circular motion while forming a circle (more like the lowercase letter “e”.
• Step 10 – Use toothpicks to add tissue paper between flowers to give it a “leaf appearance”.