WCTV, Gray Television’s market leading, award winning legacy CBS affiliate in beautiful Tallahassee, FL has an immediate opening for a talented and experienced Digital Sales Manager to join our awesome sales team! Grow digital revenue for the #1 television station and #1 local website WCTV.tv in a family friendly area close to our spectacular Gulf Coast beaches and all that Florida has to offer!
Does your checklist include the following?
- Work with the #1 news and online broadcast station in the market
- Become part of the Gray Television family (the third largest broadcast TV group in the country)
- Work with an experienced team of Account Executives that kill it in new business
- Be part of a sales management team with more than 75 years of combined experience
- Access to cutting edge digital marketing tools and client solutions
- Support from our dedicated corporate digital sales teams (Gray Digital Media and LocalX)
- Work with out-of-the-box thinkers who push the envelope with creative ideas
- Love marketing high profile local and network sports opportunities to local, regional and national clients
If that gets your engine running, then we want you on our team!!
The Digital Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the station's digital advertising revenue goals and works closely with the entire WCTV sales team to prospect, develop, close and maintain digital advertising accounts. The DSM works in partnership with the sales team to identify clients’ needs and to recommend effective marketing solutions, integrating traditional television advertising with non-traditional digital tools and new media platforms. Growing existing clients and new business development are key areas of focus. The DSM reports to the General Sales Manager. Ensure the station and each seller exceeds or at a minimum achieves their monthly, quarterly and annual digital revenue goals.
- Initiate, cultivate and maintain client relationships.
- Assist the WCTV sales team with development and implementation of effective digital marketing solutions for a wide range of clients.
- Coordinate between LocalX, Gray Digital Media, and the WCTV sales team
- Serve as the in-market expert for digital marketing and media.
- Follow online, mobile, OTT and social media marketing trends, emerging technology, the competitive landscape, etc.
- Present and explain complex topics in simple, easy to understand language to the sales team, station management, clients, media buyers, advertising agencies and other key decision makers
- Coach and lead the sales team to grow digital revenue and drive new business
- Introduce new digital marketing products and services in sales training meetings.
- Assist the Account Executives and LSM with prospecting and sales strategies
- Maximize revenue by managing digital advertising inventory & pricing.
- Develop and produce digital sales materials and formal presentations to market a wide variety of available opportunities to local, regional and national accounts.
- Excellent listening, presentation, negotiation and closing skills.
- Team player with the ability to create, build and nurture business relationships.
- Proven track record of digital sales success in local media (broadcast TV Preferred)
- Must handle multiple projects, prioritize and complete specifics tasks on time.
- Extensive knowledge of digital marketing tools, strategies and processes
- Highly effective communicator with strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Confident personality with a strong sense of urgency and a winning attitude.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- BS/BA degree in business, marketing, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years sales management and 5 years digital media sales experience.
- IAB Digital Media Sales Certification (IAB DMSC) a plus.
- Google AdWords Certification a plus.
- Google Analytics experience a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.