We are recruiting a high energy, personality-driven newsroom leader who will help command the anchor desk during this critical daypart. Our next Weekend Morning Anchor/MMJ will contribute to our well-established workflow in a Digital First newsroom.
At WCTV Eyewitness News, we break news on our website, push it on social, and add emotion and perspective on television. As a story-teller, you'll be seemless in and out of the studio. You'll be responsible for telling lead stories live in the field. This is not a job for beginners or prompter readers. The right candidate will be quick on their feet, bring copy to life, and master social media on and off the desk. The right candidate will have MMJ experience, and a track record of producing compelling, people-based stories. Our anchors embody best practices, from pitches to story production.
- Anchor Weekend Morning newscasts, and other newscasts as assigned
- Collaborate with Producing, Reporting and Technical Staff to make shows as compelling and clean as possible.
- Shoot & edit daily content for newscasts and website
- Operate portable live units, and conduct live shots from the field
- Generate story ideas and building local contacts
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- BS/BA in journalism or communications, computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience.
- A valid driver`s license, good driving record and proof of insurability.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience reporting as a MMJ in a commercial newsroom.
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.