WCTV is the dominant #1 CBS Affiliate in Tallahassee. This is an opportunity to start your career in a well-established newsroom, working side-by-side with award-winning journalists.
We believe in big, showcased coverage on our broadcast and digital platforms, and so should you. Every day, our journalists strive to produce memorable moments, with targeted content featuring unforgettable characters and unprecedented access. Give our live stream a watch before you apply, you’ll see what we mean.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be working with industry veterans with valuable market experience. Tallahassee is a vibrant city, and some of the most desirable beaches are just about an hour away. Here, you’ll travel up and down hilly canopy roads, lined with Live Oaks and Spanish moss. Tallahassee is a haven for cyclists, with numerous bike trails nearby.
WCTV is searching for our next Newscast & Web Producer for our digital first newsroom. We break news on our website, push it on social, and add emotion and perspective on television. As a producer, you’re responsible for both. Our newscast producers are more than show-stackers. To qualify, you must demonstrate that you know producing basics. You’ll also need to understand writing for the ear versus the eye, and how to write to your video. You must know how to select stories, stack a rundown, and time in the booth. And yes, you’ll be expected to craft copy using active voice and present tense. This position primarily supports weekend evening broadcasts, and will include swing shifts during the week and on holidays.
- Works with News Managers, Anchors and Reporter to create and execute newscasts featuring multiple live reporters
- Participate in daily editorial meetings and evaluate pitches for potential lead stories
- Selects, showcases and writes local, regional, national and international content for presentation.
- Makes graphics and lower thirds for all stories.
- Collaborates with reporters and anchors on story concept and delivery
- Writes copy for web and edits video for playback
- Producing experience in a smaller market, or Associate Producing experience in a larger market preferred.
- An internship in a commercial newsroom is required
- Knowledge of video editing and scripting software
- Working knowledge of web and social platforms
- Ability to travel regionally and nationally.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.