Chef Shac's Savory Grilled Pizza
2 T Olive oil
2 Red onions, thinly slice
1/2 c dry red wine
2 T balsamic vinegar
1 t honey
3/4lb Sweet Turkey Italian sausages
Naan or Flatbread
Nonstick olive oil spray
2 c Shredded Cheese
1. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until soft and deep golden brown, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in wine, vinegar, and honey. Reduce heat to low and simmer until almost all liquid is absorbed, stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowl. Cool.
3. Heat medium skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; sauté until cooked through and browned. Transfer to small bowl. Cool. Cover separately; chill.
4. Bring to room temperature before using.
5. Prepare grill or grill pan.
6. Brush top with oil and place onto grill. Cook until grill marks appear and sides of bread are done.
7. Place on baking sheet grilled side down.
8.Turn flatbreads over, grilled side up. Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese over each flatbread. Sprinkle onions, then sausage, over flatbreads, dividing equally.
9. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 c cheese over, dividing equally. Let stand at room temperature.Transfer flatbreads, topping side up, to grill.
10. Cover and cook until crusts are crisp and cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to work surface. Cut and serve.