Maryland vs. Holy Cross Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Friday's contest at Xfinity Center has the Maryland Terrapins (25-6) matching up with the Holy Cross Crusaders (24-8) at 2:30 PM ET (on March 17). Our computer prediction projects a lopsided 79-53 victory as our model heavily favors Maryland.
In their most recent outing on Saturday, the Terrapins suffered an 89-84 loss to Iowa.
Maryland vs. Holy Cross Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 2:30 PM ET
- Where: Xfinity Center in College Park, Maryland
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNews
Maryland vs. Holy Cross Score Prediction
- Prediction: Maryland 79, Holy Cross 53
Maryland Schedule Analysis
- Against the No. 3 Iowa Hawkeyes on February 21, the Terrapins captured their best win of the season, a 96-68 home victory.
- The Terrapins have tied for the sixth-most Quadrant 1 victories in the nation (10).
- Against Quadrant 2 opponents, Maryland is 4-2 (.667%) -- tied for the 43rd-most victories.
- Against Quadrant 3 teams, the Terrapins are 8-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 27th-most victories.
Maryland 2022-23 Best Wins
- 96-68 at home over Iowa (No. 3/AP Poll) on February 21
- 85-78 at home over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on December 11
- 74-72 on the road over Notre Dame (No. 10/AP Poll) on December 1
- 76-74 on the road over Ohio State (No. 12/AP Poll) on February 24
- 90-54 at home over Ohio State (No. 12/AP Poll) on February 5
Holy Cross Schedule Analysis
- On March 12, the Crusaders claimed their signature win of the season, a 66-61 victory over the Boston University Terriers, who are ranked outside the top 100 (No. 115) in our computer rankings.
- Based on the RPI, the Terrapins have eight wins over Quadrant 3 teams, the most in the nation.
- Holy Cross has tied for the ninth-most Quadrant 4 wins in the country (19).
Holy Cross 2022-23 Best Wins
- 66-61 on the road over Boston University (No. 115) on March 12
- 57-53 at home over Boston University (No. 115) on March 1
- 60-55 on the road over Northeastern (No. 135) on December 3
- 71-54 at home over Lehigh (No. 204) on March 9
- 66-64 at home over Lehigh (No. 204) on January 11
Maryland Performance Insights
- The Terrapins have a +313 scoring differential, topping opponents by 10.1 points per game. They're putting up 79 points per game to rank 13th in college basketball and are allowing 68.9 per outing to rank 291st in college basketball.
- In conference games, Maryland scores more points per contest (80) than its overall average (79).
- Offensively, the Terrapins have fared better in home games this year, averaging 82.2 points per game, compared to 76 per game in away games.
- Maryland is allowing 71.2 points per game this season in home games, which is 5.5 more points than it is allowing when playing on the road (65.7).
- In their last 10 games, the Terrapins have been scoring 81.5 points per contest, an average that's slightly higher than the 79 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
Holy Cross Performance Insights
- The Crusaders have a +225 scoring differential, topping opponents by seven points per game. They're putting up 61.8 points per game, 246th in college basketball, and are giving up 54.8 per contest to rank 17th in college basketball.
- Holy Cross has averaged 0.6 more points in Patriot action (62.4) than overall (61.8).
- In 2022-23 the Crusaders are averaging 0.4 more points per game at home (62) than away (61.6).
- At home Holy Cross is conceding 55.4 points per game, 1.2 more than it is away (54.2).
- While the Crusaders are averaging 61.8 points per game in 2022-23, they have improved that mark over their previous 10 games, amassing 63.3 a contest.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.