Trevor Lawrence vs. Patrick Mahomes II in Week 2: Jaguars vs. Chiefs Preview, Stats
Quarterbacks Patrick Mahomes II and Trevor Lawrence will be going head to head on September 17, when the Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) and Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) play at TIAA Bank Field. In the piece below, we dig into the numbers to decide which signal caller is more likely to take his team to victory.
Jaguars vs. Chiefs Game Info
- Game Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Venue: TIAA Bank Field
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Lawrence this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Trevor Lawrence vs. Patrick Mahomes II Matchup
|Trevor Lawrence||2022 Stats||Patrick Mahomes II|
|4,113 (241.9)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||5,250 (308.8)|
|291 (17.1)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||358 (21.1)|
Other Matchup Previews
- Click here for Kenny Pickett vs. Deshaun Watson in Week 2
- Click here for Ryan Tannehill vs. Justin Herbert in Week 2
- Click here for Jared Goff vs. Geno Smith in Week 2
- Click here for Jordan Love vs. Desmond Ridder in Week 2
- Click here for Justin Fields vs. Baker Mayfield in Week 2
Chiefs Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Chiefs' defense was 16th in the NFL with 21.7 points allowed per game and 12th with 328.2 total yards allowed per contest.
- When it came to stopping the pass, Kansas City ranked 19th in the NFL in passing yards allowed (3,756) and 32nd in passing touchdowns allowed (33).
- Against the run, the Chiefs' D was firing on all cylinders, with 1,823 rushing yards allowed last season (eighth-fewest in NFL).
- Defensively, Kansas City ranked 13th in the NFL in third-down efficiency allowed (38.3%) and 31st in red-zone percentage allowed (67.3%).
Who comes out on top when the Chiefs and the Jaguars square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Jaguars Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Jaguars ranked 12th in the NFL in points allowed (20.6 per game) and 24th in total yards allowed (353.3 per game).
- When it came to defending the pass, Jacksonville was bottom-10 in passing yards allowed last year, ceding the fifth-most passing yards in the NFL with 4,055 (238.5 per game). It also ranked 19th in yards allowed per pass attempt (6.7).
- Against the run, the Jaguars gave up 1,951 rushing yards last year, ranking 12th in the league. In terms of rushing TDs allowed, they ranked 14th in the NFL with 14.
- On defense, Jacksonville ranked 29th in the NFL in third-down efficiency allowed at 43.2%. In red-zone percentage allowed, it was 24th (59.6%).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.