Braves vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 28
Austin Riley will try to get his 100th RBI of the year (he has 98) when his Atlanta Braves (102-56) play the Chicago Cubs (82-76) at 7:20 PM ET on Thursday.
The Braves will call on AJ Smith-Shawver (1-0) against the Cubs and Marcus Stroman (10-8).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV: BSSO
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Truist Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Smith-Shawver - ATL (1-0, 4.57 ERA) vs Stroman - CHC (10-8, 3.88 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Cubs Player Props|
|Braves vs Cubs Odds|
|Braves vs Cubs Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Cubs|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: AJ Smith-Shawver
- Smith-Shawver (1-0) will take to the mound for the Braves and make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, July 30, when he threw five innings, giving up three earned runs while allowing four hits against the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 20-year-old has an ERA of 4.57, a 1.8 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.246 in five games this season.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Marcus Stroman
- Stroman (10-8) gets the starting nod for the Cubs in his 25th start of the season. He has a 3.88 ERA in 134 2/3 innings pitched, with 117 strikeouts.
- The right-hander's most recent time out was on Saturday against the Colorado Rockies, when he threw three innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 3.88, with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 26 games this season. Opponents are hitting .228 against him.
- Stroman enters the game with 15 quality starts under his belt this year.
- Stroman enters this game with 18 outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- He has had eight appearances this season in which he did not surrender an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.