1 teaspoon butter, for greasing
2 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 red apple, peeled, cored and diced
1 ½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
½ cup applesauce
½ cup plain yogurt
1 cup apple juice
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup dark brown sugar
4 oz unsalted butter
¼ cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. Make the muffin batter: In a large bowl, combine the flour, apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla, egg, applesauce, plain yogurt and apple juice. Whisk until well combined.
3. Make the topping: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, oats and cinnamon. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
4. Divide the muffin batter between the cups of the muffin tin. Top each muffin with 1 tablespoon of the crumble topping.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the muffin.
6. Make the glaze: In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
7. Drizzle the lemon glaze on top of the muffins.