Corned Beef Brisket
• 10 to 15 lbs Corned Beef Brisket
• 32 oz Dark Lager
• Flour, dreading
• Oil, to sear brisket
• 5 Cloves Garlic
• 1 Bunch of Thyme
• 4 cups All-purpose flour, extra to flour surface
• 5 Tbsp Brown Sugar
• 4 cups Buttermilk
• 1 Tsp Baking Soda
• 1/2 Tsp Salt
• 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
DirectionsCorned Beef Brisket
• Remove beef from package. Cut into manageable pieces. Dread in flour and set to the side.
• In a large oven-safe skillet, add enough oil to cover the bottom of skillet. Sear each piece of brisket until each are golden brown but not done. In same skillet, add lager, garlic, and thyme. Cover with aluminum and place in a preheated oven of 375. Cook for 3-4 hours, or until fork tender.
• Add all dry ingredients and whisk together.
• Add half buttermilk and begin to knead. Add rest of buttermilk until dough is moist.
• On a floured surface, place wet dough in middle. Knead for 30 secs. No more than that.
• Score the top of dough by making an X.
• In a preheated oven at 425, bake dough for 30 mins. Then drop temperature to 350 bake for 15 mins.
• Remove from oven and allow to cool.