1 C. All Purpose Flour
2 ¼ tsp. Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
¼ C. Sugar
1 C. Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract or Paste
1 C. Cinnamon Sugar – ½ C. Sugar, ½ C. Cinnamon
Powdered Sugar, for dusting
Honey, for drizzle
Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Whisk two eggs together in a mixing bowl until they get foamy. Add all of your dry ingredients into the eggs in the mixing bowl while on slow speed, and then add the ricotta and vanilla right away.
2. Continue to mix on a slow speed until it is all combined. The batter will be thick, creamy, and sticky, almost like a rich waffle type batter. Do not overmix it.
3. Heat 2 inches of oil in a pan or a deep fryer, to 375F.
4. Spray a small scoop and scoop batter into oil. Repeat with consecutive scoops, but don’t allow batter to touch.
5. Turn them a few times for even browning if using a pan, but they should take 2-3 minutes to cook.
6. Remove from oil and place into a bowl with cinnamon sugar and toss to coat.
7. To serve, stack into a small pile and dust with powdered sugar and then drizzle with honey. Serve with a dipping sauce if desired, like raspberry or blackberry, and serve immediately!