Yield: 6-8 Servings
French Toast Batter
6 Tbsp Butter
1/3 Cup Milk
¼ Cup Heavy Cream
¼ Cup Sugar
½ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Nutmeg
Croissants, halved crosswise
Triple Berry Compote
1 ½ Cup Mixed Berries
1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Orange Juice
Directions1. Combine berries, sugar, and orange juice in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil then simmer on low heat for approximately 5 minutes.
2. In a baking dish, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. At medium-low heat, in a non-stick skillet, melt butter (approximately 2-3 Tbsp. per batch), until it begins to lightly brown.
4. While butter and pan began to heat, Assemble sandwich (croissant halves facing inside-out).
5. Once, sandwiches are assembled, dip each side in French toast batter. Make sure to coat both sides evenly.
6. Add sandwiches to the pan (cheese-side down). Cook on medium-low heat for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side to achieve desired browning.
7. Transfer sandwiches to a plate or platter, sprinkle with powdered, and top with compote. Serve.